The vision of the Department of Animal Science is to become a centre of Excellence in Training, Research and Extension in all aspects of the Animal Sciences.
The mission of the department shall be to:
- Undertake teaching, research and extension work (community service) in the animal sciences and related disciplines, as support for the national development agenda.
- Provide a conducive environment for effective teaching, learning, research and development; providing alternative answers to changing developmental needs.
- Produce high calibre educationists and researchers in agriculture, as well a’’ model farmer class’ ’capable of addressing challenges of the animal industry in Ghana and elsewhere.
- Attract and maintain highly qualified animal scientists for the core work of the department.
- Facilitate development in character and ethics of its graduates.